MAC is not a new word for makeup lovers. One of the leading cosmetic brands worldwide, the acronym MAC stands for Makeup Artist Cosmetics. It is a hot favorite among professional makeup artists, leading models, and actresses. Time and again, the brand has been immensely successful in meeting consumer expectations in terms of quality and variety.
MAC offers a wide range of products including eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, lipstick, foundation, blusher, face powder, nail color, concealer, and a lot more. If your entire makeup kit consists of MAC products, then that really is one enviable possession!
10 Must Have MAC Products For Your Makeup Kit
Given below are the top 10 makeup essentials from MAC that you should definitely have in your makeup kit.
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix Plus
- MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme
- MAC Blush In Desert Rose
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
- MAC Liquid Last Eyeliner
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
- MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara
- MAC Gently Off Eye And Lip Makeup Remover
- MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
- MAC Powerpoint Eyepencil In Engraved
1. MAC Prep + Prime Fix Plus
Fix Plus is a lightweight face mist, enriched with vitamins and minerals. It also contains cucumber and green tea, which soothe the skin, and chamomile, which is an antibacterial agent. It reduces redness on the face and decreases the skin’s sensitivity. It also hydrates the skin and restores its lost moisture. It gives a natural look and makes your skin look hydrated. However, it won’t fix your makeup that well, as it is more a skin care product.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It hydrates and nourishes the skin while reducing the appearance of redness.
- It can be used either before or after the application of makeup.
- It acts as a great refresher for the skin.
MAC Prep + Prime Fix Plus Review
“I can’t live without fix plus. I spray it before and after my makeup! I love to put it on a beauty blender and apply it to my overly powdered or dry spots! Very multi-functional and a staple in my collection!” says a user.
2. MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme
Fluidline’s brow gel creme that comes in a pot is a gel-based product that is perfect for defining and shaping the brows. It is waterproof and long-wearing, and stays up to eight to ten hours. It is easy to apply using an angular brush. Lengthen, shape, and define your brows, and create any shape, from subtle to dramatic, with this fantastic product.
- It is long wearing, and stays up to eight to ten hours.
- It is waterproof and does not smear or smudge.
- It lets you create different shapes and size of brows.
- Does not come with a brush.
- Since it is a gel-based product, it can get dried if left open. Always turn it upside down while using it.
MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme Review
“By far, the best brow product I have ever used. It is a product that I can swear by all the time, and it has definitely helped me create wonderful looks in a breeze,” concluded an expert.
3. MAC Blush In Desert Rose
MAC powder blush has a wide range of colors that have varied textures and different finishes. Desert Rose is one beautiful muted pink color that immediately adds a flush of color to the face and adheres to the skin seamlessly. It provides a matte finish and delivers a fantastic color intensity in a few coats.
- It’s easy to apply and blends seamlessly into the skin.
- It provides a matte finish and gives a natural look.
- It adheres to the skin easily, making it look subtle yet natural.
- It needs to be applied layer by layer, depending on the desired intensity. If a lot of it is applied at one go, it can make it look patchy and overdone.
- Can get patchy. To avoid this, do not apply powder blushes over liquid or cream products.
MAC Blush In Desert Rose Review
“Perfect natural flush for cheeks. Pretty pigmented, but buildable. A matte color for the ultimate natural look. Looks great for a daytime look or night time,” states an expert.
4. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
An amazing one step product that evens out the skin like a foundation and sets the makeup like a powder. It is a two-in-one product that gives a brilliant and flawless look. It gives a natural matte finish and provides medium to full buildable coverage. It’s long-wearing, and stays up to seven to eight hours. You can use it by itself or over your foundation for more coverage.
- It is long-wearing, stays up to seven hours.
- It can be used by itself or over the foundation to set the makeup.
- It provides a natural matte finish.
- It gives medium to full buildable coverage.
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Review
“Highly recommended – provides excellent coverage with foolproof application,” says an expert.
5. MAC Liquid Last Eyeliner
Your eye makeup is incomplete without a good eyeliner. The liquid last eyeliner is a must have product for all the liner lovers out there. It comes in a tiny bottle with a felt tip brush for precise application. It is black, deep, rich, and intense, and can slay the eyeliner look at a go. It is waterproof and long-wearing, and stays up to 12 hours or more.
- I t’s long-wearing, stays up to 12 hours, and is waterproof.
- It provides an intense rich glossy finish.
- It’s non-smudging and non-flaking,
- Since it provides a glossy finish, it takes a little while to dry.
MAC Liquid Last Eyeliner Review
“I love this eyeliner… I’ve been using this product for 10 years!!!! The perfect waterproof eyeliner!!! If you guys have trouble taking it off, just use a little coconut oil!” said a user.
6. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
Our skin plays an important role in enhancing our appearance. To look good, it is important to make your skin look flawless, and the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation serves this purpose effectively. This foundation gives medium to full coverage, covering blemishes, dark spots, and uneven skin tone. It delivers a natural matte finish, leaving the skin extremely flawless, and has SPF 15 for sun protection. It contains silica, which has oil controlling properties. It absorbs oil and makes the foundation stay on the skin for up to eight hours.
- It is suitable for all skin types, but works best for people with oily skin.
- Long-wearing, stays on up to 8 hours.
- Provides medium to full coverage, covering blemishes, and evens out the skin tone.
- It contains silica which controls the oil on the face.
- It can get a little dry or flaky if proper skin care is not taken prior to the foundation application.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation Review
“This foundation is amazing! It applies like a dream and a little can go a long way!! I wear this maybe three to four times a week and it lasted me 11 months!” stated a user.
7. MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara
Craving for thick and defined eyelashes? Well, then, get the MAC Extended Play Mascara. It is lightweight and lets you create beautifully defined lashes. It comes with a petite brush for easier application. It’s unique waterproof formula is easily washable with warm water. It lasts long – up to 16 hours – and not only provides volume to your lashes but also curls them. It doesn’t form clumps or get flaky, and imparts a natural look to your lashes.
- It is completely safe for contact lens wearers.
- It is long-wearing, and stays up to 16 hours.
- It lifts the lashes and adds definition without forming clumps.
- It is sweat and humidity resistant.
MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara Review
“It’s just so perfect to enhance the natural lashes without overdoing it, and it saves my day all the time“, says a user.