Have you ladies ever been confused about which face cream to choose amongst the bazillion options available out there in the market? To all you beautiful women out there, your skin is your largest organ, and proper skin care plays a critical role in keeping your skin looking healthy and youthful. Facial creams are one of the most important parts of your skin care regimen. You need something that will moisturize and act as a shield to protect your skin from pollutants and prevent sun damage.
But how do we identify the best creams? Well, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a compilation of the 20 best face creams available for women of different skin types and for women who are tackling different skin issues, because your skin deserves the best! Read on to find out more.
Best Face Creams For Women
Face Creams For Oily, Acne-Prone And Combination Skin
If you’re someone with oily to combination skin, you were probably under the misconception that you don’t need to moisturize – but turns out, skipping moisturizer can only make your skin worse. Using the right kind of products for your skin type will help you combat and control excess oil production. So here we go.
1. Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Moisturizer
This face cream contains Alpha Hydroxys that help replenish moisture and provide a vibrant complexion. It helps reveal fresh newer skin. Your complexion is left feeling rejuvenated.
- Light-weight and gets absorbed easily
- Contains AHA which is great for skin renewal and preventing skin damage
- Hydrates without making the skin greasy
- Travel-friendly and hygienic packaging
- Easily available and affordable
- Not enough hydration for people with dry skin
Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Moisturizer Review
What I love about this moisturizer is that it comes with a pump dispenser which is convenient and hygienic to use when compared to jars or bottles. Coming to the product, it is a white colored lotion which is on the thicker side. It absorbed into my skin quickly and left no traces of residue behind. As it claims, it does leave the skin looking calm and hydrated. It does not clog pores or cause breakouts which are a plus! I also like the fact that it contains AHA and I saw improvement in my skin after I started using it. I highly recommend it!
2. Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Daily Nourishing Oil Control Lotion
This lotion is ideal for oil control and maintaining skin vitality. It’s filled with the goodness of kaolin and glycerin. It’s essential to maintain skin pH for glowing healthy skin, and this product keeps a check on this factor.
- Mattifies your skin
- Contains some amazing ingredients like kaolin, zinc oxide and glycerin
- Controls oil production
- Controls acne and breakouts
- Can be used on irritated skin as it helps to soothe rashes, burns, allergic reactions and other issues
- Easily available and affordable
- Strong fragrance which may be irritating for some
- Gives a whitish cast to your skin if used in excess
Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Daily Nourishing Lotion Review
I’ve always gone back to Lacto Calamine lotion when I get tired of all the other fancy face creams. This comes in a simple light-weight bottle from which the product can easily be squeezed out. The lotion has a light pink tint to it and its consistency is quite thick. It gets absorbed into the skin quickly, and your skin will remain oil-free for a good 5-6 hours. The medicinal smell fades away after applying so the fragrance is strong but not overpowering. Like it claims, it does have soothing properties, and your skin will improve over time with usage. It’s one of the best things for your skin!
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Combination Skin
This lightweight formula moisturizes dry areas while it controls oily shine. It moisturizes where the skin is dry, without leaving it greasy. It contains a special oil-absorbing Microsponge system for its dual-action.
- Non-comedogenic – it does not clog pores or cause blackheads
- Pump dispenser
- Hydrating and the skin absorbs it quickly leaving a matte finish
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free
- Ideal for acne-prone skin
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Combination Skin Review
This is by far the best moisturizer that I’ve used for my complicated, combination skin-type. I also trust Neutrogena for their rather effective skincare products. If you also struggle with an oily T-zone, clubbed with normal areas – then this would be your winner. It mattifies your skin without clogging your pores – it feels like I am wearing a protective shield on my face. One pump goes a long way. You can also wear it under your makeup because it’s just that light-weight! It’s so affordable as well! Highly, highly recommend it.
4. L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel
This gel contains deep marine source water which is rich in minerals to hydrate your skin. It helps prevent water loss. With zinc and micro-sponges, it absorbs excess sebum for immediate and long term matt skin. With regular usage, your skin gets rid of unwanted shine, your pores are clear and tightened.
- It’s an excellent product for oily and combination skin as it hydrates and mattifies
- It’s enriched in zinc which helps to regulate sebum
- Skin looks smooth and evened out
- Provides adequate moisture
- Gives a cooling effect to skin
- Easily available
- Jar packaging
- Apart from controlling oiliness, it doesn’t do so much for your skin
L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti-Shine All day Hydrating & Matifying Icy Gel Review
What I don’t like about this product is that it comes in a jar container. However, I love the texture which is soft gel-like, nothing too runny. It’s a great pick for oily and combination-skinned beauties and will be ideal for Summers. It does provide adequate hydration and keeps oil at bay for a good 4-5 hours. However, apart from moisturizing and oil-control, it does not massively improve your skin with usage over time. From what I observed, it’s more like a quick-fix for your skin.
5. Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Crème
This product is enriched with minerals that help hydrate your skin for a healthy and luscious glow. It gives you moisture, hydration and a soft-supple texture to your skin.
- Hydrates well and gives a smooth texture to skin
- Contains mineral glacial water
- It’s very light-weight
- Does not clog pores
- Gets absorbed quickly without leaving behind a residue
- Reasonably priced and easily available
- Comes in a jar container
- It’s limited to oily/combination skin only
Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme Review
I bought this product one Summer because I was having major oily-skin issues. It is a decent gel based moisturizer and does what it claims to do, but it’s nothing extraordinary. Some of you may like it for its consistency which is super light-weight. It’s actually a great product to use under your makeup as it adds a healthy sheen to your face.
Face Creams For Dry And Sensitive Skin
If you are someone with dry skin, then you will understand the struggle of having skin that lacks moisture and ends up looking dull and lifeless. It also gets hard to wear makeup when you have dry skin, because it just won’t sit right! Dry skin also leads to the sensitivity which again is very troublesome. Are you trying to find a solution for this? Then read on, because we have some amazing face creams for dry skin lined up down here.
6. Seba Med Moisturizing Cream
This rich, nourishing moisturizer is suitable for the most sensitive of skins. Fortified with soothing vitamin E to naturally guard against free radicals which can cause premature aging. The pH value of Seba Med stabilizes the health of the skin’s natural hypo-lipid barrier.
- Rich and non-greasy formula which is great for dehydrated skin
- It balances the pH levels of your skin
- It won’t clog pores
- Contains Vitamin E
Seba Med Moisturizing Cream Review
This is one of those creams I always keep on my shelf, in case I need a quick dose of nourishment, especially during cold days when my skin gets too dry. I must say, this is so underrated for it’s one of the best face creams for dry skin. Its texture is soft and it smells floral. I absolutely recommend it if you’re going through issues with dry skin. It actually helps to treat it!
7. Olay Moisturizing Skin Cream
It’s an ideal choice for dehydrated and dry skin. Since your face might tend to become dry with frequent washing or bathing, it is necessary to moisturize often as it feeds your skin and prevents it from aging. It moisturizes for up to 12 hours and makes skin smoother.
- Effectively hydrates and moisturizes
- It’s lightweight and gets absorbed very easily
- Suitable for all skin-types
- Does not clog pores
- The tub packaging
- It doesn’t really work as an anti-aging cream
Olay Moisturizing Skin Cream Review
Olay is known for its skin care products, and we can see why – this moisturizing cream isn’t all that basic. It actually does a pretty good job at what it claims. After using it one winter, my skin did feel nourished and healthy – and the dryness was gone without it becoming greasy or anything as such. The product comes in a tub-like container and the cream is light-pink in color. It’s not very thick in consistency, but its texture is very creamy. It’s great for dry skin, even during Summers but if you have got a dehydrated skin, you probably need something more intense.
8. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
A daily moisturizing cream that is easily absorbed by the skin and it has the lightness of a lotion with the moisturizing benefits of a cream.
- It definitely keeps the skin well-hydrated all day long
- It contains ingredients like Vitamin E, Sorbitol, and Lanolin that are really great for the overall health of your skin
- It can also be used as a great base for makeup as it does not make your skin oily
- A little on the pricey side
- Tub packaging
- Only suitable for dry skin
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream Review
I picked this product up on a whim when The Body Shop had their sale on. This is actually an excellent face cream for the days you are in urgent need of some life and hydration in your skin. Also, if the weather is cold and dry, then this cream will be your savior! It comes in a tub container and is of a salmon-pink color. It smells great. I recommend it if you are looking for some heavy-duty moisturizing.
9. Nivea Soft Light Moisturiser
This is a light textured, refreshing soft cream with jojoba oil and vitamin E for invigorated and smooth skin.
- Very light and moisturizing
- Cheap and efficient
- Perfect for dry-skinned beauties
- The jar container is the only thing I can think of
Nivea Soft Light Moisturiser Review
This moisturizer by Nivea is the best basic product that I’ve come across. It’s light, it’s well-formulated and it so effectively moisturizes, giving my skin a healthy glow. It comes in a tub-like container and is enriched with jojoba oil and vitamin E, both of which, are great for your skin’s health. It has the perfect consistency which is neither too thick nor too runny. With its sweet floral fragrance, it made my skin feel supple and fresh.
10. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
It is clinically proven to provide immediate and lasting relief from extremely dry skin. Its unique formula and superior system of emollients and humectants bind water to the skin, preventing moisture loss.
- Efficiently hydrates dry skin
- Does not make skin oily
- Skin feels soft and supple
- It’s only good for dry skin (for obvious reasons)
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream Review
I used this cream during the Winters when my skin had started to terribly dry out. It helped incredibly with the dryness and in bringing life back into my skin. It was also a non-greasy product that did not clog my pores – so there was no question of breaking out. Although it does feel medicinal, it’s a great product for your skin. It comes in a tube pack, and just a little product goes a long way.